Applications are being accepted for HOME Investment Partnership Program projects
September 9, 2009 – (RealEstateRama) — The National Affordable Housing Act of 1990 created the HOME Investments Partnership (HOME) Program. This federal program is designed to strengthen public-private partnerships and to expand the supply of decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing, with primary attention to rental housing, for very low income and low-income families. The City of Sioux City receives an annual federal entitlement of HOME funds to distribute locally.
HOME funds are used to achieve the following objectives:
1. To provide decent affordable housing to lower-income households.
2. To expand the capacity of non-profit housing providers.
3. To strengthen the ability of state and local governments to provide housing.
4. To leverage private sector participation.
Applications for HOME funds will be accepted until November 13, 2009, for the following categories:
1. Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation
2. Rental Housing – New Construction
3. Rental Housing – Rehabilitation
4. Home Buyer’s Assistance
Approximately $540,000 in HOME funds will be available. Priority will be given to:
• Creation of new units of affordable housing, including rental, owner-occupied, and rent-to-own.
• New units of affordable housing made available to those with special needs, including permanent supportive housing units
• City of Sioux City certified CHDOs
• Projects that have previously secured other Federal Funding from the City of Sioux City and State of Iowa and/or projects that are currently pending with the City of Sioux City
Awards are subject to a project’s secured funding package.
Applications will be reviewed and ranked by a committee and submitted to City Council for their review and approval.
Applications will are available online at www.sioux-city.org, click on Planning and Neighborhood Services, or can be picked up at City Hall, Room 305, 405 6th Street.
Questions can be directed to Amy Keairns, 279-6255.
Contact Name: Paul Barnes